Besides the Bible Book ClubBooks — By on December 1, 2012 at 3:00 am
Welcome to our first EVER Besides the Bible Book Club “meeting.” We’re excited to read this book together with you over the next few weeks. Join the conversation in the comments below. Kim is moderating, so just hit reply and chime in. We’ve also created a PDF version of the discussion questions as a resource for you: Besides the Bible Book Club, Help Thanks Wow Prelude
1. What comes to mind when you think of the word “prayer” and what is the origin of those words or images?
2. Sometimes, nicknames help us feel a close emotional bond. Anne writes on page 2 that “Phil is a great name for God.” Do you have other names for God that make you feel closer to Him?
3. Are there any Bible passages that give us metaphors for God?
4. On page 3, Anne remembers her first experience with prayer. Do you remember yours?
5. Anne says on page 4 that “prayer means that we’re invited into a relationship with someone who hears us.” Why is being heard important to us?
6. “When you’re telling the truth, you’re close to God,” according to Anne on page 6. Do we always feel like we can tell God the
truth? Why or why not?
7. Are you needing some revealing light right now? (p. 7)
Join us next week as we discuss “Help.”